Ok ladies and gents. I was approached by a very friendly employee over at ScoreBig.com to review their website. Basically they sent me a promo code and I had to:
1. Browse their site
2. Select an event I would like to attend.
3. Purchase tickets
4. Have a kick ass time!
Here is my experience with ScoreBig.com:
1. Arrived at their website. Very impressed that it recognized right away I lived in Denver, CO. I know this is all website cookies, cache or whatever technological magic kids play with these days but I was impressed I did not have to enter my info manually for these events to populate.
2. Since my Colorado Avalanche were sadly eliminated, I do not have any hockey events that I can affordably go to anytime soon. Now without hockey the money maker in me thought about buying tickets from ScoreBig then selling them for cash. I went to look for Bruins tickets for Game 5 in Boston. Sadly there were no Bruins tickets available for some reason. This confused me a bit…
3. But Pittsburgh did have tickets…Maybe this is because Boston was sold out and Pittsburgh was not?
4. Anyways, I decided to not be a cheapskate and take advantage of this opportunity and enjoy a night out in beautiful Denver, CO. So I shifted to the Colorado Rockies who are play the Mets this Saturday and supposedly the weather here will be beyond perfect for a baseball game.
I arrived at the event page and expected to browse sections and price ranges similar to other secondary ticket websites and pick the exact tickets I wanted.
This is when I was thrown a curve ball. I could not pick my tickets. Instead I had to bid on different tiered seating areas. Very interesting…
5. I bid on the expensive section that includes in-seat service. I bid $100 total for two tickets and checked out. I was worried that potentially my bid would be declined or they would say my bid was too low and throw me in junky seats. Instead to my surprise, BOOM very good club level seats right on first base!
6. I received a confirmation email saying my tickets would be emailed to me! I was relieved that I would receive etickets and not have to deal with stupid will call.
- Very impressed that their website was intelligent enough to know where I lived.
- Strange that some events had tickets and others did not. That other website that I refuse to plug with their ticket tree has every event listed it appears.
- Was cautious of their bidding system at first, but after winning amazing seats for $50 each when the same exact tickets were listing on other sites for $100ish, I was beyond thrilled.
- NO Fees! I did not mention that above, but I said I wanted to pay $50 each and that is exactly what I paid. I expected them to add some annoying “convenience” BS fee on top of it, but they didn’t!
- The only negative I can think of was not being able to choose what type of delivery method I wanted. Luckily they ended up being etickets, but will call would have been annoying and I can’t include shipping because there really wasn’t time to ship them since the game is so soon.
Overall I really enjoyed the entire experience of ScoreBig.com. I highly recommend giving them a try. My purchase was simple and I ended up with amazing seats. I was price shopping on that other ticket website at the same exact time and seats in the same row I got from ScoreBig would have been twice the price over there. I will definitely be buying my tickets here again!